Sunday, November 16, 2008

Traitor Guard Formations - I

Ok so I have been working on some traitor Guard formations for a while now. Yeah it has been since 4th Edition so now the plans I had have kinda been kicked in the ass. It's all nice and good to say it's more to support my Iron Warriors in big apoc games but I think we all know apoc games are not the norm.

Now I know some people might be thinking you -can- use the Imperial Armour Vol. 1's Armoured Battlegroup codex to include armoured fist squads to fulfill that vita objective claiming role but as I have said at least 100 times before I hate weak ass little Imperial Guard foot sloggers. They aren't really useless but to easy to kill in my opinion and when you want to spend most of your points on tanks like is the point of an Armoured Battlegroup a couple weak units of infantry are easy targets.

Now I have considered using Storm Troopers for infantry roles but the metal Kasrkin just don't tickle my interest. The style of them and parts of the sculpts are great but the static over done poses and their poor workability being metal just sucks. I haven't heard any solid rumours about when GW will get their act together with some plastic storm troopers but i'm hoping they will have some out soon when they redo the Guard codex cause there are so many uses for them really and I myself would probably buy at least 60.

So for now I'm just working on units that will remain largely unchanged and better suit the support role.

No comments: